BetMGM Sportsbook PA – Promo Code & Review
MGM International is one of the most recognizable names in entertainment and gambling, operating throughout the world since the 1920s. It has properties throughout the world, with the flagship on MGM Grand on the Las Vegas Strip and representation on the east coast via the Borgata Casino in Atlantic City, and National Harbor in Maryland, among other places. And here in Pennsylvania, the BetMGM Online Casino is up and running as well.
The BetMGM sportsbook is now live in several states throughout the country including Colorado, New Jersey, and Indiana, and is preparing for an early 2021 online sportsbook launch in Pennsylvania. Once live, it should be near the top of your PA sportsbook rotation, or is a good place to start.
Let this page be your guide to all things BetMGM PA sportsbook including their welcome bonus, launch dates, banking options and more!
BetMGM Sportsbook PA bonus offer – April 2021
BetMGM is offering a $600 risk-free bet for new customers, just for checking out the site. The promotion can be used once and can be used after completing a deposit greater than $10. This means you can deposit $100, $225, $500 or really any size you feel comfortable with – though to max out the offer you’ll need your first bet to be for at least $600.
|BetMGM Sportsbook PA Promo Code||PENNBETS|
|New Player Bonus||Risk-Free Bet up to $600|
|Code Valid||April 2021|
|Online Launch Date||Dec. 16, 2020|
How the bonus works
When you sign up for BetMGM online sportsbook using our exclusive promo code, your first wager is risk-free up to the promotional max of $600. In order to take advantage of this offer, you must use our promo code as this bonus is better than the public offer, and we are able to provide this special promotional bonus through our partnership with BetMGM.
Simply click through any of the links on this page and you will be taken to the BetMGM landing page, sign up for a new account and use the promo code provided above during registration. Make your first deposit, and BetMGM will then make your very first wager risk-free. If you lose this pivotal first bet, BetMGM will credit you with freebets equal to the amount you put in play (up to $600). If you do happen to lose and receive your credits (typically awarded within 24 hours) – use them. They’ll expire in one week, leaving you with nothing.
The other notable bits of the bonus are that the freebet credits are paid out in 20% increments. If your risk-free bet was for $250 and you lost, you would receive 5 x $50 freebets in return. If your initial (losing) wager is less than $50, the freebet will be one credit. Also, you will only receive the winnings from the freebets – the free stake isn’t included in any returns.
What’s great about BetMGM Online Sportsbook?
- Promotions: BetMGM online sportsbook has promotional offerings seemingly every day of the week that include risk-free bets, cross-promotions with their casino, and their parlay+ that allows you to boost select sporting event odds.
- Betting options: BetMGM has all your standard bets such as spreads, totals, moneyline and more, but where they really shine is their prop bets, alternative lines, and same game parlay options.
- Market options: BetMGM has a plethora of betting markets available from your popular sports like football and basketball to some of the more obscure international sports like snooker and table tennis.
- Software: Both their desktop and mobile apps are intuitive, easy on the eyes, and fast.
Whats not so great?
- Customer service: BetMGM doesn’t make it very easy to get to a real person, and when you do, they are not always the most knowledgeable.
- Betting margins: Sometimes the betting margins are a little wide, but not always. Put another way, some of the pricing is not great. But a reminder – it’s always best to check lines and odds versus other sites before placing a large wager.
Special Promos and Offers
BetMGM is chock full of promotional offerings for new and existing customers. It’s worth checking out the site daily for new and exciting promotions. To find the full list of offers, you can simply click on the “Promotions” tab across the top of the screen and every one available will be listed along with what days, times or specific game they are being offered.
Current promotional offerings vary from risk-free betting to cross promotional offers with their casino and eventually with online poker. Promotions will vary depending on current sports calendar, but a few examples include:
- First TD risk-free: Bet up to $20 on who will score the first touchdown, and if it comes out as a loss, BetMGM will refund you in free bets.
- Bet and Get Mondays: Bet $50 a week (Monday-Sunday) and get a $10 free bet each Monday.
- Live Dealer Bonus: Bet $20 on any NFL game and get $10 in bonus funds to use on live dealer casino games.
- Parlay Plus: Get up to 40% boosted odds on qualifying parlay bets.
These are just a few examples of the exciting promotions going on weekly at BetMGM online sportsbook in addition the daily odds boosts and other seasonal promotions.
BetMGM loyalty program
BetMGM does have a loyalty program called iRewards, but unfortunately at this time iReward points can only be earned in the BetMGM online casino. We hope that BetMGM will eventually merge the two platforms and make it possible to earn in the sportsbook, but for now, iRewards is not an option for sports bettors.
The casino iRewards system lets you earn points that can be used to purchase casino free spins, bonus dollars and is tied into to the retail casino where you can earn free stays, free play and more. iRewards are earned in the following manner:
- Slots: $5 wagered= 1 iRewards point
- Progressive Slots: $10 wagered = 1 iRewards point
- Video Poker: $20 wagered = 1 iReward point
- Table Games: $25 wagered = 1 iReward point
Tier status levels increase with the amount of points earned in the following manner:
- Sapphire: Starting point
- Pearl: 25,000 Tier Credits
- Gold: 75,000 Tier Credits
- Platinum: 200,000 Tier Credits
- NOIR: Invite only
Despite not being able earn points in the sportsbook, your balance is shared with the casino, so rewards earned in the casino could technically be transferred over the sportsbook.
Online registration at BetMGM online sportsbook
Registration is quick and painless, similar to signing up for any online shopping account like Amazon or Best Buy with a few extra personal details for security purposes. To get started, simply click through any of the links on this page and you will be taken to the registration landing page at BetMGM PA sportsbook. Click on “register now” and follow the instructions below.
- Enter your email and create a password. Click “Continue”
- Next page will prompt you to enter your name, last four of your social and date of birth, then click continue.
- You will then be prompted to enter your address and phone number. Enter the bonus code above, check all the boxes and click “Create my Account”
Your account will be instantly verified using the information provided. While some may not feel comfortable giving the last four of their social, we assure you this is for identification purposes only. This is not only for the security of BetMGM but to keep your account safe and secure and to be sure that no one can create an account in your name without you knowing.
Once your account is verified, you can then browse around or make your first deposit that will activate your welcome bonus. Accounts can be created from anywhere, but in order to place bets you will need to be physically located in Pennsylvania.
BetMGM Software Snapshot
BetMGM is readily available for web-based platforms on your PC or Mac, and also available in mobile app for for both Android and iOS powered devices.
BetMGM invested a ton of resources in mid 2019 that transformed their NJ online sportsbook from one of the most boring, non-intuitive online sportsbook, to one of the best looking in the US market. By the time BetMGM hits the PA market, major upgrades make it a contender to take one of the top spots.
The online sportsbook has all the top betting markets prominently displayed across the top of the screen and just under this, all the top odds boosts and matchups scrolling on a ticker style layout. Along the left side of the screen is all of the upcoming games and matches, and live betting options in the middle. The right side of the screen is dedicated to your betslip and also includes a parlay generator for quick parlay betting.
Overall the BetMGM browser-based sportsbook is easy to navigate and has that familiar gold, black and white theme that BetMGM is known for. The site is set up to make it easy to find and place all your favorite bets whether you are new to sports betting or a seasoned vet.
The BetMGM mobile app is basically a shrunk down version of the browser based app that utilized a tabbed bottom menu to compensate for the smaller screen. BetMGM did a great job condensing everything down without giving the app a crowded feel. Once you add bets to the betslip, you will see a little flag on the betslip with the amount of bets that have been added. If you are building a parlay, there is no need to open the betslip until all your bets are added.
The app is clean, very responsive and incredibly easy to navigate. All the same betting options from the desktop version are available and you can do all your deposits and withdrawals right from your tablet or mobile device. Think of it as always having one of the worlds best sportsbooks in your back pocket wherever and whenever you leave the house.
Banking options at BetMGM Online Sportsbook
BetMGM has a wide variety of methods for both depositing and withdrawing your funds. These include:
- PayPal: Use the worlds most popular eWallet to get funds on and off the site. It’s important to note that in order to withdraw funds using PayPal, you must first have a successful deposit using PayPal.
- ACH/eCheck: Link your bank account using the banks routing number and your account number for quick and easy deposits and withdrawals.
- Online Banking: Use your banks bill pay feature to fund your account and to send your winnings directly back to your bank account. For a full list of banks that are eligible, see the cashier.
- Play+ Card: You can sign up for the prepaid card directly in the cashier and instantly start your deposit process by linking a credit or bank account. Withdrawals can be processed online, or after your physical card arrives 7-10 days later, you can use the card at any ATM or anywhere Discover is accepted.
- Instant Bank Transfer: Use this service for bank wires direct from your bank account.
- Visa/Mastercard: Use your Visa or Mastercard to instantly and securely fund your account. At this time, Visa and Mastercard banking option is for deposits only. The financial institution issuing the card may not allow the deposit, however.
- PayNearMe: When using the PayNearMe deposit option, simply enter how much you would like to deposit and you will be given a barcode. Bring that barcode to any local CVS, Family Dollar or 7-11 along with cash. The cashier will scan the barcode and accept your cash deposit. The funds will be available in your BetMGM account within 15 minutes. PayNearMe is for deposits only.
BetMGM Online Sportsbook pricing, lines
The lines and odds at BetMGM online sportsbook typically line up with the rest of the industry, but sometimes you can gain some value, and sometimes lose. We always suggest that you line shop (compare lines and odds at other sportsbooks) before placing bets, and this is particularly true at BetMGM.
BetMGM spreads and totals are similar to those offered at Kambi-powered sportsbooks such as DraftKings and BetRivers and typically offer -110/-110 which is pretty standard across all books, with some -115/-105 exceptions. Moneyline is a mixed bag as some margins are inexplicably larger than average, and some are surprisingly much better. So, once again, its always good to price shop.
In-game odds are also a mixed bag, but are typically not great, but also not much worse than the competition. Line movements and bet availability are very quick to refresh and makes it easy to get your bets in while the action unfolds.
Prop betting lines at BetMGM have significantly improved over time, as when they first launched, it was typical to see -118/-118 lines, most are now -110 on both sides. -110/-110 are what you would expect to see and with the wide array of prop betting options at BetMGM sportsbook, you may find yourself moving all your prop betting over to BetMGM.
BetMGM has a wide variety of betting options on both their desktop and mobile sites. All the top sports in the U.S. including football, basketball, golf, hockey and baseball are well represented. BetMGM also offers a large variety of US and international soccer leagues, MMA, Boxing, NASCAR, formula one and a ton of niche markets like cricket, snooker, table tennis and volleyball.
The most popular betting markets are easily found across the top of the screen and for those market not listed, there is an A-Z option listed as well.
BetMGM offers a wide array of betting options beyond moneyline, totals and spreads that include but are not limited to:
- Game Props: BetMGM sportsbook has one of the largest libraries of bets that involve yes or no answers with odds attached such as will the game go to overtime? Will there be a safety? Who will score the first points?
- Player Props: Bets on individual player performances such as lines on rushing yards, total points, goals scored, RBI + R + HR for baseball, and much more.
- Derivatives: Betting on quarters, halves or periods for almost every match that includes props, moneyline, spreads and totals.
- Futures: Bets on team or individual accomplishments such as NBA champion or rookie of the year.
- Parlays: Combining two or more bets in which you get increased odds. BetMGM offers standard parlays and round robin parlays. Round robin parlays take a typical parlay and break them up into several smaller parlays.
BetMGM has three options for reaching out if you have any concerns or questions:
- Live Chat
More About BetMGM
BetMGM has made a major push to become one of the leading sportsbooks in the U.S., among the top three, through Roar Digital – a joint venture between MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings. Total investments made in the venture as of late 2020 were $370 million.
GVC Holdings, a British sports betting and gambling company and powers sportsbooks in various countries, is now known as Entain PLC.
Early results have shown the venture to be so far effective, as BetMGM has increased its popularity as it joins additional states, such as Indiana, Colorado and more. BetMGM has partnered with several Major League Baseball teams — Boston Red Sox, Detroit Tigers, Los Angeles Dodgers, and Washington Nationals — as well as MLB itself.
BetMGM is serious about sports betting and improving the betting experience online and in-person, so we look forward to future moves and continued investment in the space.
- BetMGM Sportsbook PA bonus offer – April 2021
- How the bonus works
- What’s great about BetMGM Online Sportsbook?
- Special Promos and Offers
- BetMGM loyalty program
- Online registration at BetMGM online sportsbook
- BetMGM Software Snapshot
- Banking options at BetMGM Online Sportsbook
- BetMGM Online Sportsbook pricing, lines
- Betting Markets
- Customer Support
- More About BetMGM