FanDuel Online Sportsbook PA Promo Code 2021
Before the Supreme Court made it possible for U.S. states to legalize sports betting, FanDuel was known as one of the country’s premier daily fantasy sports operators. But as soon as the opportunity arose, the New York-based company jumped head-first into the sports wagering waters, quickly overtaking competitors in New Jersey with a surprisingly well-built product.
FanDuel’s market domination has transferred well into the Keystone State, through its partnership with Valley Forge Casino. In July 2019, FanDuel launched a virtual clone of its popular NJ online site and mobile app in Pennsylvania, which is beautifully designed and packed with features other sportsbooks don’t rival. What’s more, the site boasts a vast array of betting markets along with very competitive pricing, and a hefty welcome bonus. It’s not without its issues, but they’re minor in comparison to the upsides.
Read on as we break down in fine detail FanDuel’s online and mobile sports betting offering in Pennsylvania.
FanDuel Sportsbook PA welcome bonus – April 2021
FanDuel is treating new players to a substantial welcome offer, which grants bettors a second chance via a risk-free bet up to $1000. All you need to do to take advantage is to sign up using either the promo code below or any of the links on this page.
*New Jersey gamblers should take note that if they have already received a free bet at FanDuel’s Garden State site, they won’t be eligible for another one in PA.
FanDuel PA 2021 bonus code & details
|FanDuel Sportsbook PA Promo Code||Just click this link|
|New Player Bonus||Up to $1000 Risk-Free Bet|
|Online Since||June 22, 2019|
Breaking down the bonus
To get the bonus, you’ll first need to make a deposit of at least the amount you’d like to wager on your risk-free bet. Once you do, you should place the entire amount you’d like to be considered for the offer on your first wager ($1000 max).
So for example, if you’d like to wager $300 total on your risk-free bet, you’ll need to place the entire $300 as a single initial wager. You can’t, for instance, make a $150 bet then make another $150 bet later – only the first $150 will be considered for the offer.
If you win your initial bet, fantastic, you’re off to a great start! Unfortunately though, in that case, you won’t receive any additional bonus money, which is why this offer isn’t quite as lucrative as a guaranteed free bet. However, if you happen to lose, the risk-free bet terms will kick in, and you’ll receive your wager amount as a one-time free bet up to $1000.
FanDuel does their free bets a little different though, as they pay both the bet amount plus profit on their free bets, unlike other sites that only pay profit. For instance, if you have a $1000 free bet, and use it on a bet with odds of +100, your payout would be $2000 ($1000 bet + $1000 profit). Other sites would only pay the $1000 profit.
Why bet at FanDuel PA online
- Impressive mobile apps – FanDuel was the first PA sportsbook to debut both an iOS and Android app. That said, the app doesn’t impress simply because it was first on the scene. FanDuel designers have drawn on years of experience developing the company’s daily fantasy sports product and have created a beautiful mobile sportsbook experience for customers.
- Interesting promos – Parlays are all the rage these days, so FanDuel now offers parlay insurance, which means that if you have a 4+ leg parlay and you win all your bets but one, FanDuel will refund your bet up to $25. That will help take some of the sting out of being so close to hitting a big payout
- User friendly perks – FanDuel’s sportsbook is comprised of software made by industry veterans Paddy Power Betfair, IGT and GAN. This means players have access to features unavailable at other sites. For example, NJ gamblers who find themselves in PA can easily switch to the PA site with the tap of a button, and can use a shared bankroll no matter which of the two states they happen to be in. There’s also a ton of bets (both pre-game and live) available on major market games.
- Competitive lines – FanDuel is known for posting its NFL lines early and offering the best moneyline pricing in the industry. FanDuel’s ambitious pricing and multitude of props and futures bets apply to every sport. Their lines are always among the tightest in the market and their wagering opportunities are unmatched. They are the biggest for a reason.
What’s not to like?
- MLB moneylines are a bit weak (especially when betting favorites)
- New Jersey players that took advantage of the site’s welcome bonus can’t do so again
- Promotional schedule is sparse during slow seasons
- No loyalty program … yet
Special promotions and offers
Apart from offering the generous risk-free bet for newcomers mentioned above, FanDuel is known for padding its promotional schedule with exciting and potentially lucrative promos, particularly during major events like the start of the NFL season and March Madness.
Admittedly, slower times of the year see fewer big time promos offered, so check in more often when there’s a lot of action.
FanDuel offers different promotions throughout the year. Be sure to check the website to see the latest offerings before making your wager(s). Here some of the promos that are currently live or have been live recently:
- Insurance: When you come up short on one leg of a parlay consisting of four or more legs, FanDuel will pay out a refund, capped at $25. Depending on the season, we hope to see more of these types of insurance promos, like players getting paid if their team leads early but unexpectedly goes down in flames at the last minute.
- Odds Boosts: Odds Boosts are common promotional vehicles in the online sports betting world, and now PA players can enjoy them as well. Odds Boosts essentially offer gamblers inflated odds which are more favorable than what they actually should be. This gives players an artificial advantage over the book and creates a good opportunity to generate extra value. These promos are not centered on any specific sport, and are regularly offered by FanDuel.
- Goal/Scoring Bonuses: Depending on the sport, FanDuel will offer site credit for every goal your team scores (typically in soccer and hockey) or site credit for every point your team wins by (basketball).
- Early payouts: FanDuel’s parent company is famous for their creative promotions, which have included paying out one side of a bet before an event has even been played out. This is great from a publicity perspective, and even better for players, who win no matter which side they bet on.
FanDuel Sportsbook PA loyalty program
Loyalty programs are very attractive incentives for customers in crowded markets, especially for high-volume players looking to get the most bang for their buck. Unfortunately, FanDuel PA does not yet offer a loyalty program specifically for sports bettors, although that could change.
The site does, however, offer its loyal daily fantasy sports players kickbacks under its FanDuel Players Club and is testing a temporary rewards program for select players. It’s quite possible that we could see the site adapt and extend this program for its sports betting websites in PA and across the U.S. in the near future.
DFS players, for their part, are automatically enrolled in the FanDuel Players Club and receive rewards based on how many FanDuel Points (FDP) they earn each month. For every $1 patrons spend in entry fees, they are awarded 5 FDPs. The more points they earn, the higher they advance through the site’s seven levels.
Each new unlocked level awards free plays into bigger and bigger GPP prize pools, along with other special perks like special weekly promotions and premium support.
FanDuel makes it easy to access your account and make bets no matter if you are sitting in front of your desktop computer or placing wagers on the go via a smartphone or tablet.
The sportsbook can be accessed directly through any of your favorite web browsers (e.g. Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, etc.), which allow you to place bets directly on the page without the need to download any special software.
iOS and Android
FanDuel also offers high-quality apps for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
While the company wasn’t the first operator to launch online in the state, it was the first to offer an app for Apple devices. For a time FanDuel enjoyed an advantage over Play SugarHouse & BetRivers by being the first to market, but now all mobile operators in the state offer apps that are available in the App Store.
Inside the app, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find nearly all the same account features offered on the full website, all packed into an aesthetically pleasing interface.
At the top of the app, FanDuel provides shortcuts for the most popular sports, along with a button for games in progress and another for promotions.
When you tap on certain types of events, like tennis, for example, you can even see an animation of the court and watch points being played in real time. This is a nice touch which you won’t find in most apps made by U.S. competitors. For select games and matches, you can actually stream the action live inside the app as long as you have a balance in your account.
The iOS and Android apps can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store and Google Play store, respectively.
Banking at FanDuel Sportsbook
FanDuel came out swinging with a very robust array of deposit and withdrawal methods, which should make it easy for most gamblers to get their money on and off the site.
At the top of our list is PayPal, followed up by Online Bank Transfers, which open up a portal to your bank and deposits cash into your account instantly.
The options offered at FanDuel PA are identical to its book in New Jersey, including the ability to deposit and withdraw funds in person at their casino partners. In Pennsylvania, players can go to the FanDuel Sportsbook at the Valley Forge Casino Resort to fund their account. In New Jersey, players can make cash deposits and withdrawals at the Golden Nugget Casino in Atlantic City and the Meadowlands Racetrack, the site’s NJ licensing partner.
Here’s a full list of all deposit options available:
- Visa and MasterCard credit/debit cards
- FanDuel Prepaid Card
- Online Bank Transfer
- Wire transfer
- Paper check
- In person at the Valley Forge Casino Resort
If you feel like you are getting in over your head and spending more than you’d like, you always have the option of restricting your deposit limits by day, week or month. Just navigate to the deposit limits page on the site, enter your maximum and click the Set Limit button. Maximum single wager amounts and reality checks are also available.
Your withdrawal options are not quite as numerous, and consist of:
- FanDuel Prepaid Card
- Paper check
- In person at the Valley Forge Casino Resort
The quality of FanDuel’s lines relative to the market is generally decent, but not always, and varies somewhat by sport.
For MLB games, players can find slightly better value on run line and moneyline bets elsewhere, such as Play Sugarhouse.
Not the case for NFL. In addition to offering market standard 20-cent lines on all point spreads and totals, FanDuel outdoes its competitors by a few cents (and sometimes more) on moneylines. Other sports leagues worldwide also have competitive spreads and moneyline offerings.
Two-leg parlays are priced at +264 (on -110 bets) and three-leggers at +595 – nothing too special, but pretty good. Prop pricing wasn’t spectacular, as we often observed 25-cent lines on even odds wagers. That sort of straddles the line between good (20-cent) and poor (30-cent).
Futures pricing was generally solid, but this is one area where it definitely pays to shop around, as FanDuel Sportsbook may offer a better price than its competitors on one site, but not on another.
FanDuel PA betting markets
While the first handful of PA online sportsbooks chose software provider Kambi to handle their pricing and betting markets, FanDuel is powered by the folks behind the bookmaking giants Betfair and Paddy Power.
That said, FanDuel’s list of betting markets is substantial. The offerings include core sports but also expand into countless events, games and tournaments. You can quickly view live and popular sports near the top of the page, or scroll down further to view a full list of all the options available. Click your sport of choice to drill down into the individual bets available for each game type.
Below is the current list of sports available on FanDuel PA.
- Australian Rules
- College basketball
- College football
- Motor racing
- Table Tennis
A full selection of betting types is on the table at FanDuel Sportsbook, starting with common options like money line and prop bets, and moving all the way to more exotic varieties like Early Cashouts and In Play bets.
While a complete list of bet types can be viewed on the site’s Bet Guide, below you can see most of the major options at a glance:
- Moneyline – A simple bet on which team will win the game. Players betting underdogs will make a bigger return on their wins than those betting favorites.
- Prop bets – Betting on specific events which occur during a game, such as whether or not a specific player will score the first touchdown in an NFL game.
- Parlays – A bet on the outcome of multiple events. These long-shot wagers can pay out large sums, but face tough odds due to the fact that all legs involved must win.
- Teasers – Teasers allow you to add points to an underdog’s point spread (+2 to +8) or reduce points on a favorite (-8 to -2). FanDuel lists teasers for NFL, NBA, college football and basketball games.
- Round Robin – A simple way to make multiple parlay bets at the same time.
- In Play bets – Also known as live betting. Make a bet on a specific action in the middle of a game. These types of wagers are tailor-made for online and mobile betting since they need to be placed quickly.
- Futures – A wager on an event slated to take place sometime in the future, such as betting on the World Series champion before baseball season has begun.
- Point spread – A bet on whether your team beats the point spread set by the sportsbook.
- Totals – A bet on whether both teams will score more or less total points than what is listed by the book.
- Early Cashout – If your bet is winning, you can elect to cash out your bet early. However, you will win less than you would had you waited until the end of the game and prevailed. Limited available.
In terms of the number of available bets, FanDuel stacks up exceedingly well, especially going above and beyond in the areas of futures and props. As an example, NFL futures bettors can place wagers on everything from who will win the Super Bowl, AFC, and NFC East to which player will be Offensive Rookie of the Year, whether individual teams will make the playoffs and way, way more.
Props are also plentiful, numbering in the dozens for even the laziest mid-summer MLB game. For prime time NFL games, they could approach over 200.
FanDuel’s live sportsbook at Valley Forge
The Valley Forge Casino Resort, located in King of Prussia, launched a FanDuel branded physical sportsbook in March 2019, the sixth casino to do so in the state.
The choice of the Casino to use the FanDuel name was a simple one, as the FanDuel brand is already well-known by throngs of potential sports bettors across the Commonwealth. The FanDuel name is so valuable, in fact, that gamblers who might never have visited the humble casino might stop by to take a look.
The physical book prominently displays FanDuel’s branding everywhere and boasts the same visual scheme as the FanDuel space at the Meadowlands in New Jersey–cool blue tones and a natural wood aesthetic.
Of course, the two facilities are entirely different. The NJ space is much bigger (5,300 square feet, with room for hundreds of patrons (post-COVID), over a dozen sports betting windows, and over 50 TVs). The Valley Forge Casino book, by comparison, encompasses just 1,800 square feet and boasts a few betting windows and TV screens, along with two sports tickers. The design of the PA book is still impressive, as it flows out into the casino nicely where there are plenty of TVs, bars, slots and table games.
The venue is open for business seven days a week. If the sportsbook happens to be closed, patrons can still cash tickets at cashier windows throughout the casino.
More on FanDuel PA
Valley Forge Casino Resort was late to the party when it came to sports betting, but after being acquired by Boyd Gaming, which later announced a partnership with MGM Resorts and FanDuel, it was clear the casino was going to get involved in a big way.
For Valley Forge Casino, one of PA’s lowest grossing casinos, securing a premiere partner like FanDuel was a home run. Indeed, in New Jersey, FanDuel has bested a long list of experienced operators to become the highest earning online sportsbook app in the state.
With the pieces of the puzzle in place, Valley Forge Casino announced it would purchase a Pennsylvania sports betting license and would use technology provided by IGT, GAN, and FanDuel, while prominently featuring FanDuel branding across live and online verticals.
The Category 3 property submitted an application to offer online and live sports wagering in November 2018, plunking down the required $10 million fee along with it. Valley Forge Casino was also able to bring its live casino slot count up from 600 to 850 and expand its table game selection as well.
Valley Forge Casino received conditional approval for its sportsbook on December 19, 2018 and opened a brick-and-mortar space a few months later (FanDuel in turn received its own required conditional approval in early March 2019).
The company’s online website and mobile apps went live on July 22, 2019.