This time last year sports betting was limited to table tennis and Bulgarian hockey, but what a difference a year makes. May 2021 is jam packed with sports for your wagering pleasure. The month kicks off with the 147th running of the Kentucky Derby on May 1st and just keeps getting better.
The NBA regular season is winding down with the 76ers atop the East. A new format for 2021 includes a play-in tournament scheduled for May 18-21 that rolls right into the regularly scheduled playoffs set to start on May 22nd. The NHL season wraps up in mid-May with playoffs starting at a date to be determined. But that is just the beginning of the exciting sporting events in May 2021.
PGA, WTA and ATP all are hosting major tournaments with the PGA Championship in Kiawah Island SC taking place May 17-23rd, and the French Open May 23-June 6. UFC 262 coming at you live from Houston on May 15th and plenty of MLS, MLB and Champions League Finals all rounding out the packed month of sports betting fun.
Pennsylvania online sportsbooks are offering tons of special promotional offers to celebrate these events in addition to their already generous welcome packages.
If you aren’t ready to venture back to a retail casino, PA online casinos are now offering Live Dealer alongside the classic online slots, blackjack, video poker, and your favorite table games. We have you covered with the best online casino bonuses here to help get you started.
Let’s take a look at what is going on in the PA online sports betting and online gambling markets:
- BetMGM becomes the second online poker room to launch in Pennsylvania, giving PokerStars some much-needed competition.
- The launch of the Live! Casino & Hotel in Philadelphia has helped boost casino revenue state-wide.
- A Parx mini-casino may be arriving at an abandoned Lowes in Cumberland County.
- BetRivers PA, DraftKings, Hollywood and Play SugarHouse became the first online casinos to offer live dealer games in the state and gives the iCasino market a significant boost.
- Barstool Casino launches in PA becoming the 16th option for online casino patrons in the Commonwealth.
- Borgata Online Casino becomes the newest online casino in PA after a late February launch.
- The online poker market may be getting some competition as PartyPoker and WSOP.com get approval.
Cashless retail casino betting may be coming to a PA retail casino near you.